Extremely High Surface Area:
Raw, naturally renewable SandyCal™ Oolitic Aragonite Sand is the Ideal aquarium substrate for marine, reef or african cichlid aquariums. This renewal sand precipitates in the shoals of the Bahamas and is 92-98% pure calcium carbonate. The grains are oolitic (egg-shaped), smooth, and near white in color.
Using SandyCal™ Oolitic Aragonite Sand as an aquarium substate offers many benefits:
- Excellent pH Balancer: Helps maintain proper pH balance of 8.2 without the use of chemicals
- Extremely High Surface Area: Surface area, up to 100,000 sq inches per pound.
- Naturally Small Grain Size: Small, smooth grains are fish friendly
- Increased Buffering Capacity:
- Ultra Pure:
- Sequesters Proven to reduce nitrates better than regular aquarium gravel